The intersection of positive psychology and game design was described by Jane McGonigal in her popular book Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World. See SuperBetter to see what this means.
“SuperBetter is a tool created by game designers and backed by science to help build personal resilience: the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic even in the face of difficulty challenges. Resilience has a powerful effect on health — by boosting physical and emotional well-being. Resilience also helps you achieve your life goals — by strengthening your social support and increasing your stamina, willpower and focus. Every aspect of the game is designed to harness the power of positive emotions and social connection for live, feel, and act better.
“SuperBetter was created with guidance from doctors, psychologists, scientists, and medical researchers. (Advisors and collaborators include MDs and PhDs at Stanford, UC Berkeley, University of Pennsylvania, and Ohio State University Medical Research Center.)”
WHAT SUPERBETTER IS
- A way to build up your core strengths — physical, mental, emotional and social
- Totally customizable — figure out what matters most to you, and how to get more of it
- Designed to help you through a tough time, or with a difficult change
- About claiming your power — the power you have to impact how you feel everyday, and to decide for yourself how your life will unfold
- Backed by science — neuroscience, positive psychology, and medicine. You’ll learn the science as you play.
- Social — SuperBetter can give your friends and family an “aha moment” about what you’re tackling, and help them find ways to really support you.
- A collective investigation. Everyone who is playing is helping to figure out new ways to get SuperBetter — for themselves, and for the entire community.
- A powerful boost when you need it most. You don’t have to play SuperBetter forever. You play when you need it.
Go to: https://www.superbetter.com/